How To Stain Your Decking
- Remove everything from your decking and sweep the surface to remove any leaves, twigs and other debris.
- Wash the deck thoroughly with a commercial decking cleaning solution, and rinse off the water. Make sure you let the wood dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Choose a weekend that is forecast to be dry, and avoid applying any staining in the direct sunlight.
- It is important to test your chosen stain on a small area to make certain it is the colour you want.
- Starting with the open-end grain of the deckboards, use a bristle brush to apply the stain in long, smooth strokes.
- Apply one coat of stain and wait for it to dry.
- Before replacing any furniture, let the stain dry for at least three days.