Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Fusion spindles, or balusters as they are also known, are stair parts that are available in two different designs. The difference is not only in the way they look but also the materials used, and the way that they are fixed to the rails.
Both look great and will enhance and will allow you to create a contemporary staircase with an attractive metal balustrade.
Fusion MK 1 Spindles or balusters
Available in a stair (rake) and a landing version, the Fusion Mk1 spindle consists of a mild steel tube with ABS plastic brackets at each end. The brackets are easily fitted to the tube with a single screw.
Although the brackets are made of plastic, they are made from a tough thermosetting plastic known as ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) and have been designed to withstand the forces normally associated with staircases and landings, passing all the appropriate safety tests.
- The brackets are also designed to flex slightly to allow accurate positioning, and allow for fitting to stairs with a pitch of between 38º and 45º. This makes it one of our most flexible systems.
- The tube and brackets are available in both chrome and brushed nickel finishes.
- Two fixing screws secure each of the brackets to the underside of the handrail and the top of the baserail.
Fusion Mk2 Spindles or Balusters
Available in a stair (rake) and a landing version, the Fusion Mk2 spindle consists of a stainless steel tube with a zinc alloy die-cast bracket at each end. The brackets are attached to the tubes by a single screw.
The metal brackets are of a two part construction and pivot to adjust between 38º and 45º to match the pitch of the stairs. This makes it one of our most flexible systems. The pivot screw can then be tightened to fix the angle and a cover, with the Burbidge logo, pushes on to conceal the fixings.
- One part of the bracket is supplied fixed to the spindle (tube), the other is supplied loose.
- The brackets can be removed from the tube, and the tube cut to length if required.
- The brackets are secured to the handrail / baserail with a single fixing screw.
- The tube and brackets are available both in chrome and brushed nickel finishes.
The Mk2 spindles, although not identical, are very similar to the Fusion commercial spindles. If you are dealing with a commercial installation, please ensure you speak to our technical team to ensure we provide the correct product for your specification. Call: 0843 778 0459